Disclaimer: Information available on this website is made available for general informational and educational purposes only. Nothing on this website should be relied on in any way, whether as medical advice or otherwise. You are encouraged to seek medical advice from a health practitioner if you are concerned about your health or the health of someone you know. We do not accept any responsibility for information shared on this website.
This World Arthritis Day Website (“Website
") is owned and operated by the European League Against Rheumatism (“EULAR
2 Your use of the website
- 2.1 You agree to use the Website only for lawful, personal and non-commercial purposes and in a way which does not infringe the rights of anyone else or restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the Website. Access to this Website is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service without notice.
- 2.2 You are entitled to view any public parts of the Website and to use for your own purposes the information contained therein, provided:
Your use is for informational purposes only and any reproduction is for personal use only and not for reproduction on any other website or for commercial gain.
We actively encourage users to share the content on the Website through sharing links, however, only insofar as you provide links to the site and do not frame the Website or otherwise suggest a connection between you (or any other organisation) and the Website or EULAR. You must not modify the Website or any of the Materials (as defined below). No part of the Website may be copied, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means to any third party without the written permission of EULAR.
- 2.3 You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to ensure that you have in place antivirus, firewall and other appropriate security software when browsing the Internet and accessing this Website. EULAR does not accept liability for your failure to take reasonable precautions when browsing the Internet and our Website.
3 Your involvement in the campaign
- 3.1 Any posts (including text, images, videos and any other forms of content) that are submitted to the campaign via social media (using campaign hashtags promoted by EULAR, e.g. #WADStory, or through posts directed at WAD social media handles), are reviewed by EULAR prior to being published on the Website, owned WAD social media channels and marketing materials.
- 3.2 By using the campaign hashtag in Tweets or through other social media, or uploading your text, images, video, other audio-visual content or WAD event details (“Your Content") to the Website, you agree that we can use Your Content on the Website, owned social media channels and in marketing materials. We are not required to credit you if we do decide to use Your Content, but may do if we choose to. You agree that Your Content will comply with our Acceptable Content Guidelines below.
- 3.3 From time to time, we may promote the campaign through the use of certain promotional competitions (each a "Promotion"). Where we conduct a Promotion that requires you to submit Your Content, we will administer the Promotion according to the following terms:
(a) In order to administer the Promotion, we may need to designate a social media 'hashtag' identifier in order to receive entries. If we do, you must include that identifier in your entry;
(b) All entries must be received before the closing date specified in the Promotion's call to action and related materials ("CTA
(c) The prize will be as specified in the CTA. In respect of the Future in your Hands  Promotion, five winning entries will be featured in a montage video created by us for use in the campaign;
(d) There is no cash alternative to the prize;
(e) Any entries featuring content that does not comply with the Acceptable Content Guidelines below will not be counted and may be reported to the relevant platform;
(f) Winners will be selected by a panel of independent EULAR judges who will assess your entry by reference to relevance, quality, creativity and compliance with any brief described in the CTA;
(g) Third party terms may apply to the Promotion, including without limitation the Facebook Terms of Service. The Promotion (as well as the Website and campaign generally) are not associated with or endorsed by Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other social media channel in any way. By entering a Promotion administered through any of these social media channels you agree that the social media channel shall have no liability to you in respect of the Promotion;
(h) If you win, your name, social media handle (including any profile picture) and Your Content may be publicised by EULAR.
4 Acceptable content guidelines
- 4.1 You must have the express consent of any individual featured in Your Content to their image being used in accordance with the permission you grant to us below. If you do not have their consent, you must not submit any content featuring that individual to the Website. When posting images of children under the age of 18 using the campaign hashtag or on the Website, you confirm that you have obtained consent from the relevant parent/guardian prior to posting.
- 4.2 Your Content must not:
(a) contain any material which is or may reasonably be considered to be threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, or in breach of confidence;
(b) be illegal or infringe the rights of any third party, in any country in the world. This includes (but is not limited to) images and other content that is owned by third parties that have not given you permission to share or for us to use; or
(c) be technically harmful (by way of example it must not include any computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data);
(d) mention any specific medical or product names - if Your Content includes such mentions, EULAR may decide not to publish Your Content online. Please note that companies and brands are permitted to engage in the campaign, however EULAR may decide not to publish Your Content online.
- 4.3 By submitting Your Content, you grant EULAR and its designees, together with users of the website an irrevocable non-exclusive licence (which is unlimited in time) to view and use Your Content without restriction, including by way of example for commercial purposes.
- 4.4 We make no guarantee that Your Content will be kept on the Website for any length of time, and we reserve the right to remove Your Content as we see fit. You are urged to keep backup copies of any of Your Content submitted to us. The Website should not be used as your primary method to store or curate copies of your images, videos or text, as Your Content may be removed permanently from the Website at any time, and we may not keep copies of Your Content.
- 4.5 If at any time you require Your Content to be removed from the Website, owned social media channels or marketing materials please contact EULAR through the “Contact Us" page.
5 Copyright and other intellectual property rights (IPR)
- 5.1 The Website contains images, text, video, data and other kinds of content that are subject to IPRs (“Materials"). All rights in the Materials are owned by EULAR or its content suppliers. Unauthorised use of the Materials including reproduction, storage, modification, distribution or republication without the prior written consent of EULAR or, where applicable, the respective rights owner(s) is prohibited.
- 5.2 The logos of EULAR and World Arthritis Day are trademarks of EULAR (whether registered or unregistered) and may not be used without the prior written consent of EULAR.
- 5.3 We expressly reserve all IPRs in and to the Website and the Materials and your use of the Website and Materials is subject to the following restrictions. You must not:
(a) remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the Materials;
(b) use any Materials from our Website in any manner that may infringe any of our rights or the rights of a third party; or
(c) reproduce, modify, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast, frame, communicate to the public or circulate to any third party or exploit our Website and/or the Materials in any way, including for any commercial purpose, without our prior written consent.
- 6.2 The information published on our Website is for general informational purposes only and therefore you should not rely on it and we expressly exclude any liability for any loss or damage arising from your reliance on any information available on our Website to the fullest extent permissible by law. Please consult your physician if you think you may have a rheumatic and musculoskeletal disease (RMD) or require more detailed information on the best course of treatment for you.
- 6.3 We provide the content on the Website in good faith but give no warranty or representation that the content is accurate, complete, or up-to-date, nor that the Website does not infringe the rights of any third party. We accept no responsibility or liability for your use of content on the Website and such use is entirely at your own risk. While we take reasonable precautions to prevent the existence of computer viruses and/or other malicious programs on the Website, we accept no liability for them.
- 6.4 Information transmitted via this Website will pass over public telecommunications networks. We make no representation or warranty that the operation of this Website will be uninterrupted or error free and disclaim all liability in respect thereof.
- 6.6 You hereby agree to compensate EULAR from and against any loss, cost, damage, expense or liability they may suffer as a result of:
(b) your use of the Materials; and/or
(c) any of Your Content
7 Links to third-party websites
- 7.1 This Website contains links to third-party websites which we believe may be of interest to you. However, EULAR does not vet or otherwise approve the content of any such third-party websites and your use of such websites is entirely at your own risk.
- 7.2 Accordingly, EULAR does not accept responsibility or liability for the availability or content of any such third-party websites, nor liability for any damage or harm resulting that you may suffer from visiting and/or using them.
9 Other terms
- 9.3 The English Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from or related to the use of this Website. English Law will apply to these General Terms.